- 1 – 15 ounce can cannelloni beans
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of kale (any variety will do)
- 1 leek
- 1 pound butternut squash
- 1/2 cup pasta
- 1 – 1 inch piece of fresh horseradish (or 1 tablespoon from jar)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon: paprika, ground bay leaf, ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 box minestrone pasta
- Preheat oven to 450
- Wash and dry produce
- Put pot of water on high
- Remove and discard kale stems and roughly chop the leaves
- Trim and discard the roots and upper green leaves of leek
- Halve the leek lengthwise, rinse, then thinly slice the halves across
- Peel the squash and then medium dice the butternut squash
- Peel and grate the horseradish
- Mice the garlic
- In a large pot, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium until hot, add garlic, leek and spices. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes, until soft.
- Add the beans (rinse beans with cold water), kale, squash, and 5 cups of water to the same pot. Heat until boiling, then simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes. Using a fork mash about 1/4 of the squash with a fork against the side of the pot. Stir.
- Cook the pasta in another pot of boiling water. 4 – 6 minutes.
- Stir the cooked pasta into the soup, season with salt and pepper. Finish off the soup with horseradish and Parmesan cheese.
Enjoy! Cheers to a healthy real meal!